There will be another Pack walk event coming soon (Date to be determined & confirmed, we still need volunteers to help with the organizing, scheduling of our Seasonal Pack walks)
Lincoln Mt Open Space is a little more wild than your average dog park. It has tall (scratchy) grass and bugs. Please see below for recommendations on what to bring. This is the best location to hold a pack walk, no fees, no other dogs, and tons of space! However, since we have lost the rights to the private portion of Lincoln Mountain Open Space, we will have to stick to the public trails which may have horses. PLEASE BRING A LEASH in case we encounter some horses.
Good news! We have been granted access to over 100 acres with a small canyon and wonderful Mountain range views, located about 25 miles West of the city of Pueblo but still in Pueblo County to hold an annual pack walk event, it is much further south than Lincoln Mt Open Space so the pack walk times will be scheduled a little later to allow for the travel distance and time our Northern located members will need to get there. Map Directions will be added soon and again dates & times to be determined.
Things to bring (Human Packing List):
- Pants! No shorts please, the grass will irritate your skin!!!
- Winter Only: Dress warm, ideally wear water resistant boots as the dew on the grass quickly soaks through running shoes
- Deet free bug spray and sunblock (there are biting flies in some areas)
- Comfortable closed-toed walking shoes, NO SANDALS! There are weeds that are thorny!
Things to Bring (Doggy Packing list)
- Doggy snacks (do not feed your dog prior to the pack walk to avoid bloat caused by exercise)
- Doggy bowl
- Towel(s) (there is a creek and a pond and your dog will likely get wet.)
- Leash (very important in case we encounter some horses)
Directions (coming From Denver or North):
If you google “Lincoln Mountain Open Space” the directions will take you miles down a gravel, if your vehicle can handle it, this is the fastest way, if not, take HWY 83 south and make a right on Best Rd/Jones Rd/County Road 80 (the road has many names and it is a gravel road). Drive approx. ¼ mile and you will see the parking area on the right-hand side.
Directions (coming From Colorado Springs or South):
You can google “Lincoln Mountain Open Space” and follow those directions or go north on HWY 83 and make a left on Best Rd/Jones Rd/County Road 80 (the road has many names and it is a gravel road). Drive approx. ¼ mile and you will see the parking area on the right-hand side.
At the dog park, if you do not see any Northern Inuits in the parking lot and it is past 7AM call us @ 719-661-0571 and we will send someone to fetch ya!
We scouted out the place and took pictures so you know what to expect.