top of page
AKC Breeder's Classes
Welcome new breeders! Below are some classes to help you in your new journey. The courses are free but the tests have a fee. These courses are mandatory for all new breeders to become a NISA Certified Breeder.
Ready to verify your knowledge after each class and receive an official certificate validating your work?
There is a one-time fee to take each test and upon passing (70% or higher) your certificate will be mailed to you. Please allow 8-10 business days for the AKC to ship your certificate. If you do not pass you can re-take the test multiple times for 30 days at no additional charge. Passing each class is required to be a registered Northern Inuit breeder.
1) AKC Breeding Basics Course
2) ABCs of Dog Breeding, Breeding Systems
3) ABCs of Dog Breeding, Selection
4) ABCs of Dog Breeding Anatomy Part 1
5) ABCs of Dog Breeding Anatomy Part 2
6) ABCs of Dog Breeding, Genetics Part 1
7) ABCs of Dog Breeding, Genetics Part 2
8) ABCs of Dog Breeding Genetic Defects
9) Nutritional Influences on Reproduction
10) Whelping Medical Intervention
bottom of page